Going to the gym during a pandemic can feel problematic.
Working out helps us become stronger and stay stronger, both physically and mentally. In the past year, we’ve had to roll with the punches in deciding what felt “safe,” and unfortunately, going to the gym became one of those grey areas.
Here is what we’re doing to keep our in-person classes safe:
- Providing virtual class options so participants can take classes from home
- Providing hand sanitizer and disposable masks to participants
- Enforcing social distancing and masking requirements
- Holding classes outside when weather is permitting
- Requiring pre-registration when we’re in smaller spaces so we can limit the number of attendees
- Cleaning and disinfecting all rooms, equipment and surfaces after each class
- Take attendance/require sign-in before class so we can track the # of participants (and also so we can contact you if we become aware of possible exposure)
- Monitoring the COVID situation by keeping eyes and ears on the state’s website
We recognize that while we can do many things to try to keep classes safe, there are elements outside of our control. We are relying on you to please exercise (ha) caution and follow masking, physical distancing, and hand hygiene guidelines. Some requirements we ask of you:
- If you don’t feel well, stay home. This is pretty self-explanatory, but it bears repeating. If you’re feeling sick, or heck just feeling “off,” play it safe and stay home. We offer virtual options for many of our classes for just this reason!
- If you or someone in your “bubble” as been recently exposed to someone with COVID, stay home.
- Wear a mask when required. The rules are ever changing, so we’ll do our best to keep you informed. That said, if a facility requires it, please be prepared to mask up. And man…we know it’s hard to exercise in a mask! We ask, respectfully, that if you’re not comfortable wearing a mask while exercising or don’t want to deal with it, please stay home and join us virtually.
- Respect the dance space – social distance. Maintain at least six feet between yourself and other participants.
- Wash Your Hands. Our gyms and facilities have bathrooms. Make sure you wash your hands frequently and thoroughly.
If at any point we are made aware that one of our classes may have been exposed to COVID, we will notify all participants in attendance immediately. This is why we 1) ask all TT&WP members to sign up as members and 2) why we take attendance/registration at each in-person class.
If you are at all in doubt about whether or not to attend an in-person class, play it safe and stay home! You are welcome to contact us if you have any questions.